[Samba] Re: Re: nmbd multihomed registration request must be directedat aWINS server error

Dylan Cuthbert dylan at q-games.com
Tue Feb 17 08:31:26 GMT 2004

Hmm strange.

My samba PDC server is on another machine with WINS support enabled.  So I
should *not* put the ip address of that server in the wins server field on
my non-PDC samba server then?

When I put the address (well, actually, I put the samba name of the PDC) in
that field, I get those errors every five seconds in the nmbd log.

The file server seems to be working fine without the WINS server specified
so do I actually need to specify it?

Q-Games, Dylan Cuthbert.
http://www.q-games.com

news:Pine.LNX.4.50.0402170706100.5539-100000 at dp.samba.org...