[Samba] REPOST: Problems with trust account passowrds ???

Rob Tanner rtanner+samba at linfield.edu
Tue Feb 17 01:02:11 GMT 2004

REPOST:  Somehow I got unsubscribed so I resubscribed and am reposting.
Apologies if you've seen this post before.

Hi,

I'm getting near a thousand error messages a day on only one of my two samba
servers that both participate in the same domain:

[2004/02/16 09:17:52, 0]
rpc_client/cli_trust.c:change_trust_account_password(248)
  2004/02/16 09:17:52 : change_trust_account_password: Failed to change
password for domain ITS.

The server getting the errors is version 2.2.7a-security-rollup-fix running
on RedHat Linux.  The server not receiving the error messages is version
2.2.0 running on SPARC Solaris. Both servers participate in the same domain,
and neither act as a domain controller or WINS server.  The technician that
manages the microsoft domain itself has no idea since he doesn't see any
problem on the microsoft side.  I'm assuming, therefore, there is some fine
tuning I need to do on the one samba server giving me the errors.

Any ideas??

Thanks,
Rob

Rob Tanner