[Samba] What should my smbpasswd file look like?

darrel da at darrelaustin.com
Mon Feb 16 21:26:25 GMT 2004

I can not connect to my linux box from my Mac. I get a 'Could not
connect to the server because the name or password is not correct'
error.

I'm not sure where to check to even see what username/pwd samba is using.

If I open up my smbpasswd file, it looks like this:

drrl:501:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:[UD]:LCT-402FFFE4:

Is there anyway/format that I can add a usr/pwd to this file in
plain-text so I can test it? I'm stumped as to how to tell which pwds
samba is using for log-ins.

-Darrel