[Samba] Issues with SAMBA 3.0.0/NT4/Roaming Profiles (more info)

danielslcosta danielslcosta at terra.com.br
Fri Feb 13 16:25:35 GMT 2004

Adding some more info... I've been studying the machine's log in SAMBA server, and what happens is the following:

The services below are shares in SAMBA SERVER.

first user loggin in:
- connect to service netlogon initially as user dan2
- connect to service dan2 initially as user dan2
- connect to service admin initially as user dan2
- connect to service profiles initially as user dan2

dan2 loggin out:
- closed connection to service dan2
- closed connection to service admin
- closed connection to service profiles
- closed connection to service netlogon

just when user/passwd dialog box appears on nt box (before typing anything after the last user has logged out):
- connect to service profiles initially as user dan2

user 'dumb' loggin in:
- connect to service netlogon initially as user dumb
- connect to service samba initially as user dumb
- connect to service admin initially as user dumb

So, windows is somehow reconnecting to profiles share, after the user logs out, and keeping it for the next user.