[Samba] Single Sign On

Mani, Greg SPAWAR greg.mani at navy.mil
Thu Feb 12 22:44:57 GMT 2004

     We have a network of PCs running XP and servers running Win 2k and Win 2003.  User Account management is done with Active Directory (AD).  We want to add some Sun Solaris computers to this network.  One of the network guys said that Samba could be used as a single sign on solution for a network of Windows and Solaris computers.  He said that Samba 3.x provided the capability to use Active Directory to manage/synchronize the user accounts.  In other words, with Samba, the accounts on the AD server could be used when logging onto the Solaris computers, the Xp computers, and the Windows servers.
     I have done some reading and do not see where samba provides a single sign on solution.  Am I missing something or did the other guy misinterrupt the Samba capabilities?
     Thanks in advance for any info I can get on this.
Regards,
Greg
greg.mani at navy.mil