[Samba] Samba 3 with Unix passwd authentication?

Andy Moran andy at wildbrain.com
Thu Feb 12 22:28:28 GMT 2004

Yep.  both use the same pam sama file that looks like this:

#%PAM-1.0
auth       required     pam_nologin.so
auth       required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
account    required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session    required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth
password   required     pam_stack.so service=system-auth

Also, here is my smb.conf file in case someone sees something obvious
that would keep it from using the normal unix password file:

[global]
         workgroup = WILDBRAIN.COM
         encrypt passwords = no
         debug level = 3
         log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
         max log size = 500
         os level = 0
         local master = No
         homedir map = auto.people
         printing = cups
         veto files = /.AppleDouble/.bin/.AppleDesktop/Network Trash
Folder/TheVolumeSettingsFolder/lost+found/

[wb]
         comment = Wild Brain Data Path
         path = /share
         valid users = @user