[Samba] samba 3.0.2 in production on file sever?

daniel.jarboe at custserv.com daniel.jarboe at custserv.com
Thu Feb 12 15:29:15 GMT 2004

Hello Dmitry,

> When I tired to migrate our fileserver to 3.0 from 2.2.8a with only
200
> (or
> 300, hmm, I don't remember ;-) )
> users, with about a 40-50 users, which use old dos clipper based
> application, I had locking problems
> (someone can say that this was not locking problem, but I think so).
> Now I want to try migration to 3.0.2.
> But, may be somebody already did such thing.
> Oh, I forgot- OS is Linux, SLES8.

Was the 2.2.8a without problems also running on SLES8?  What makes you
suspect a locking problem?  What architecture is this, and how did you
build 3.0.0?

Thanks,
~ Daniel

This message is the property of Time Inc. or its affiliates. It may be
legally privileged and/or confidential and is intended only for the use
of the addressee(s). No addressee should forward, print, copy, or
otherwise reproduce this message in any manner that would allow it to be
viewed by any individual not originally listed as a recipient. If the
notified that any unauthorized disclosure, dissemination, distribution,
copying or the taking of any action in reliance on the information
herein is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this message.
Thank you.