[Samba] Access rights for users from trusted domains

Karel Kulhavý clock at twibright.com
Thu Feb 12 08:46:17 GMT 2004

Hello

I have a Samba 3.0.2 domain D4 that trusts NT4 domain D1

I tried to change access permissions of a file on Samba's share from a windows
machine that is part of D4 for a user from D1.

The dialog showed me D1, I could select an user from D1 and I had been allowed
to complete the dialog. However, on reopening "Properties", it was all gone.
The right I tried to add was "Read" right.

Is this supposed to work in Samba 3.0.2? If not, would it be difficult to
hack it there up?

Cl<