[Samba] NetBIOS via ssh tunnel: still getting nowhere

Paul Gardiner samba-list at laser-point.co.uk
Wed Feb 11 23:57:50 GMT 2004

From: "rruegner" <robowarp at gmx.de>
> I have good results with openvpn which exists
> as client for windows too
> Regards

Thanks for info.  I probably can't use that.  I'm not in control of
the server.  The server has sshd running on it already, but I wouldn't
be able to arrange for a vpn server to be installed.

What's annoying is that port 139 forwarding is sufficient to make the
connection (as shown by other OS's), but Windows refuses to try
without first doing some sort of name resolution.

Cheers,
    Paul.