[Samba] NTLMv2 in Samba 3.0

Chu, Dan dan.chu at citigroup.com
Wed Feb 11 22:30:27 GMT 2004

Andrew,
Thank you for your reply. I'm not sure what is not required. Do you mean
"client ntlmv2 auth = yes" ? Anyway, I've changed it to "security = domain"
in smb.conf (all other entries remain intact). I was able to join the samba
server to the NT domain using the "net join" utility. Then restarted the
samba daemons. When trying to map a drive from an W2k client, I got below
error:
"Configuration information could not be read from the domain controller,
either because the machine is unavailable, or access has been denied."

What did I miss here?

Thanks,
Dan