[Samba] 3.0.1-member-server-printing

Manfred Odenstein manfred.odenstein at chello.at
Wed Feb 11 20:25:55 GMT 2004

ok, failure :-(
I've changed permission on all *.tdb in /var/lib/samba, driver files
transfered correctly, samba noticed "Added printer driver. Printer name
is blabla .....
NT4-Server reported (translated from german) : could not changed to
given driver, previous settings will be restored.

after closing the dialog, an additional dialog pops up saying:
Printer properties couldn't be stored, Access denied. (also translated
from german)

I've raised the log level and noticed a lot of NT_STATUS messages like:
NT_STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND
NT_STATUS_NOT_A_DIRECTORY
NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_FILE
NT_STATUS_INVALID_LEVEL

any suggestions ?

is this a solution ?
1.) create account named root on PDC (NT4), added to group Domain Admins
2.) changed uid in winbind_idmap.tdb to 0 (is there a way to do this ?
with the tdb utitlities ?)
3.) log on with this account and try ones more

regards odi