[Samba] Welcome to spam / Windows '98SE usr-lev-sec problem

Radu - Eosif Mihailescu csdexter at home-27021.b.astral.ro
Wed Feb 11 15:22:05 GMT 2004

:) cool :D

/me ROTFL

----

Coming back to the point, I will ask a (maybe?) naughty question:

Has any of you, Ladies and Gentlemen, seen (and presumably knows HOW-TO
get that) a SaMBa server behaving nicely to WindowsXP PRO SP1 clients?

I could join them in a domain using 2.2.8a and 3.0.1 but not using
3.0.0, 3.0.2rc1, 3.0.2rc2 and 3.0.2 :(

The message given by the WindowsXP workstation is the one concerning
multiple connections to a shared resource with different credentials --
BUUUT, I do not have any mapped drives whatsoever while trying to join
the domain (let alone the fact that it is the same machine and same
setup as for 2.2.8a and 3.0.1 where it worked) ...
Hay ANYONE got any idea whatsoever? Code pointers welcome (I speak C :)
) ... anything?

--

The second problem relates with '98SE and '95OSR2 which cannot enumerate
the list of domain users when creating a share. The error message is

It isn't that urgent ... but it is quite important ... as I'm using
SaMBa at work on a quite large network ... and people started getting
annoyed by this disfunctionalities in SaMBa ... and sooner or later
they'll propose we switch to a native Microsoft solution :((((((((((

----

Thanks in advance,
Radu - Eosif Mihailescu