[Samba] Error starting samba

Jonathan Willcock Jonathan at FESoftware.com
Wed Feb 11 10:52:52 GMT 2004

Dear All,

I am about as basic a user as you can get, so I apologise for my ignorance.

I have been running samba happily for three years or so, but now suddenly I
have a problem at boot.  I get an error message "neighbour table overflow",
and samba refuses then to function.  I can still ping other computers on the
network.

This may not be a samba problem, but if I restart the samba service, I get
the same errors immediately.

Has anyone seen this before or have any idea how to cure it?

Many thanks for any help received.

Yours

Jonathan
---