[Samba] Samba PDC 3.0.2 + Win 2K SP4

Collen collen at hermanjordan.nl
Wed Feb 11 08:07:10 GMT 2004

try running testparm -v
is it configured as server role: pdc or bdc ??

also, try the add machine script = <script>
for adding machines..

what password backend do you use (passwd??)

it a little bit vage..

Collen Blijenberg (Systeem/Netwerk Beheerder)

Montessori Lyceum
Herman Jordan
Zeist

TFGF> Hello there,

TFGF> 	I´m trying to configure my server to be a PDC for my LAN, but I´m having
TFGF> troubles to join to domain.

TFGF> 	My smb.conf:

TFGF> # Global parameters
TFGF> [global]
TFGF> 	workgroup = SAOPAULO
TFGF> 	netbios aliases = SERVERSP
TFGF> 	server string = Servidor de Arquivos Sao Paulo(PDC) - Samba server %v
TFGF> 	hosts equiv = /etc/hosts
TFGF> 	smb passwd file = /etc/smbpasswd
TFGF> 	username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
TFGF> 	log level = 1
TFGF> 	log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
TFGF> 	max log size = 100
TFGF> 	name resolve order = host wins bcast
TFGF> 	time server = Yes
TFGF> 	socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_SNDBUF=8192 SO_RCVBUF=8192
TFGF> 	hostname lookups = Yes
TFGF> 	load printers = No
TFGF> 	printcap name = cups
TFGF> 	add user script = /usr/sbin/adduser -n -g w2k -c Estacao -d /dev/null -s
TFGF> /bin/false %m$
TFGF> 	delete user script = /usr/sbin/userdel %m$ | /usr/sbin/smbpasswd -x %m$
TFGF> 	logon path = \\%L\profiles
TFGF> 	logon drive = Z:
TFGF> 	logon home = \\%L\profiles
TFGF> 	domain logons = Yes
TFGF> 	os level = 200
TFGF> 	domain master = Yes
TFGF> 	dns proxy = No
TFGF> 	wins support = Yes
TFGF> 	admin users = root
TFGF> 	hosts allow = 192.168.1., 127.

TFGF> [netlogon]
TFGF> 	comment = Network Logon Service
TFGF> 	path = /home/netlogon
TFGF> 	read only = No
TFGF> 	create mask = 0777
TFGF> 	force create mode = 0777
TFGF> 	guest ok = Yes

TFGF> [profiles]
TFGF> 	comment = %u
TFGF> 	path = /home/%u/profile
TFGF> 	read only = No
TFGF> 	create mask = 0777
TFGF> 	force create mode = 0770

TFGF> [publico]
TFGF> 	comment = Arquivos pblicos
TFGF> 	path = /home/pulico
TFGF> 	valid users = @users
TFGF> 	write list = @users
TFGF> 	read only = No
TFGF> 	create mask = 0777
TFGF> 	force create mode = 0777
TFGF> 	force directory mode = 0777
TFGF> 	guest ok = Yes

TFGF> 	I already created the machine account(machine$) added to smbpasswd -a -m
TFGF> machine$ but my W2k does not join to the domain.

TFGF> 	The W2K error:
TFGF> The specified error occured when trying to join to domain "SAOPAULO":
TFGF> The specified domain does not exists or it cannot be contacted.

TFGF> This message was translated from Portuguese, maybe have some divergences.

TFGF> Thanks a lot,

TFGF> Tercio F. Gaudencio Filho
TFGF> Cosa Intermáquinas - São Paulo - Brasil