[Samba] FW: problems with samba 2.2.7 installed on Tru64 with OS 5.1

Stefan G. Weichinger monitor at oops.co.at
Tue Feb 10 23:41:16 GMT 2004

Hello,

Dienstag, 10. Februar 2004, 22:44 you wrote:

MD> Hi
MD> Is there anyone who can answer to my question below? I've
MD> received an autoreply from Tan Feng with a message that he'll be
MD> on vacation until the 6th of Feb.. I've tried to go on the site
MD> mentioned by him without success...

I can imagine that ... ;)

>> It seems the network performance issue are occurring only when
>> utilising Samba. Does anyone know if there is any problem with
>> samba 2.2.7 installed on Tru64 (5.1)? Shall I install another samba
>> version? If this is the case can anyone, please, advise which
>> version is best to install?

Maybe I am pulling some other-minded people at me, but as far as I
understood opensource-software until now, it has shown the best to
me to just try to install the latest stable release. Chances are good
that the problem you see has been solved inbetween.

But before starting over, try to check your logfiles.
Samba and Linux are able to talk about the problems they meet.

Try to find out what the logfiles (I don't know their default location
on Tru64) tell you and maybe increase "log level" in your smb.conf.

--
best regards,
Stefan G. Weichinger
mailto:monitor at oops.co.at