[Samba] Rejoining domain after cluster failover

gotschk at comcast.net gotschk at comcast.net
Tue Feb 10 21:54:20 GMT 2004

Hello. We're having issues running Samba 2.2.8-a1, on Solaris 8 (SPARC) under Veritas VCS 3.5 clustering (HA active-passive).

Every time we have a cluster failover (we're testing), we have to re-join the domain [ADS not NT] (e.g., 'smbpasswd -j XYZ -r XYZPDC -UAdminRightsUser%password'). Otherwise, we cannot connect to the shares, and 'wbinfo -t' returns 'Secret is bad'. Re-joining the domain fixes the problem.

It's easily enough scripted, however I don't like the idea of having a domain user's password with administrative rights in a text file.

Are there other ways (HOWTO pointers welcome), or do I have to upgrade to Samba 3.0.x and use the LDAP backend for SIDs?

Thanks in advance.

Ken Gotsch