[Samba] Domain Problem when connecting Win 2k with a Samba PDC on RH9

Saad Ahmed saad at mantatest.com
Tue Feb 10 20:14:52 GMT 2004

I WOULD APPRECIATE ID ANYONE OF YOU COULD REPLY ME ASAP
Hi everyone,
I get this problem when I connect a computer (Win 2000) to a domain (Samba on Redhat 9). When I log on to the domain for the first time, I get 2 error messages.
First is: You don't have permission to use your local profile located at \\manta1\pauldell. Contact your Network Administrator
Then after that I get the second message:
Windows cannot find the local profile and logging you with a temporary profile. Changes you make to this profile will be lost when you log off.
1. I don't want the profile to be roaming. Why its not making the profile local even though profile is local (as seen on the win 2000 computer)
2. Even though I don't want the profile to be roaming, I have checked the permissions on the folder pauldell on the domain controller and has full Read/Write permissions for user pauldell.
Please suggest a solution.
Saad.