[Samba] printing question

Will Saxon WillS at housing.ufl.edu
Mon Feb 9 18:47:11 GMT 2004

I have some more information concerning my print management speed issues from last week. In a level 10 log, I see several 'print cache expired for queue <printername>' whenever I try to open the Printers folder. After uploading a driver, I see the same behavior when trying to close the Properties window.

This makes administration unbearably slow. I am about to try non-cups printing instead to see if it is any more useful.

Is there something obvious I am missing? Quick googling for some of the error strings I see doesn't produce anything helpful.

-Will

Will Saxon
Systems Programmer - Network Services
Department of Housing and Residence Education
University of Florida
Email: wills at housing.ufl.edu
Phone: (352) 392-2171 x10148