[Samba] can't access samba server from xp

Allen Liu --- work allen at bellglobal.com
Mon Feb 9 15:27:15 GMT 2004

Thanks, Ermanno. To summarize your instructions, is it true I should follow
below steps ?

1. on xp, create a user: user1 with password: password1.
2. on Solaris , create a user: user1 with password: password1.
3. on Solaris which has samba server, run : smbpasswd -a user1 , then give
password:password1.
4. start samba daemon: nmbd, smbd,winbindd.
5. log in xp with user1, in a DOS window, run:  net view \\<solarishost>

It should work .right ?

Allen Liu

IP Application Design and Engineering
Bell Canada