[Samba] File sharing violation problem

" Nikolay Liber " nikolay_liber at mail.ru
Mon Feb 9 10:18:53 GMT 2004

Hi all!

I have setup samba server (samba 2.2.3a from debian woody distro) as replacement of NT4 Server box. Samba using NT domain (NT4 Server PDC) to validate passwords. Everything works perferctly except on little problem. When client (not root user) opens file that already opened by someone else "File sharing violation" error appears. Only root (domain administrator user on PDC also has name "root") can simultaneously open files with anyone else without any problems.

I think this is not a problem of client application accessing files because with NT4 they all could work simultaneously.

Please tell me how fix it.

Thanks.

Nikolay