[Samba] samba PDC and BDC with ldap master and slave backend
jerome.tournier at idealx.com
Mon Feb 9 09:08:10 GMT 2004
Le Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 08:35:52AM +1100, Andrew Bartlett a ecrit:
> > => passdb backend = ldapsam:"ldap://slave.quenya.org ldap://master.quenya.org"
> > will samba store informations in the master ldap server or will it fail ?
> This will work fine. Samba will talk to the master for updates. Set
> 'ldap replication sleep' to the amount of time you expect the slave to
> take to catch up to reality. (Oh, and I know that's dody, but better
> ideas haven't yet been implemented).
OK. But with the order specified in the example above (slave and then
master), will samba contact first the slave and then the master if needed
I mean, let suppose i have the 'passdb backend' defined above. If samba
need to modify something, is the operation procedure like this :
1) samba contact the first ldaps server mentionned in 'passdb backend',
ie the slave server
2) samba try to update the directory : that fail
3) samba try to contact the second ldap server mentionned in 'passdb
backend', ie the master
4) samba try to update the master directory : succes
5) all next operations will be done first with the slave ldap server
Is that the good senario ?
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/attachments/20040209/5171af9a/attachment.bin
More information about the samba