[Samba] Re: problem with ¨net groupmap¨ and ¨net groupmap list¨ command

Mark gmane at tippingmar.com
Fri Feb 6 20:51:50 GMT 2004

Is your unix group really called "Domain Admins"?  I didn't think unix would
allow a space in a group name like that.  More commonly, the unix group has
a name like "ntadmin".
Mark

"asky" <asky at nijacol.com> wrote in message
news:4023C00C.5000309 at nijacol.com...
Hi,

i get this error when i run the net command to mapp unix group to nt groups.

[root at samba smbldap-tools]# net3 groupmap add ntgroup=¨Domain Admins¨
unixgroup=¨Domain Admins¨ rid=512
Bad option: Admins¨
[root at samba smbldap-tools]#

and also when i try to list the current groups in the domain, i get this
error but i can see all entries if i use gq

[root at samba smbldap-tools]# net3 groupmap list
[2004/02/06 12:10:05, 0] passdb/pdb_ldap.c:ldapsam_setsamgrent(2048)
  ldapsam_setsamgrent: LDAP search failed: No such object
[2004/02/06 12:10:05, 0] passdb/pdb_ldap.c:ldapsam_enum_group_mapping(2113)
  ldapsam_enum_group_mapping: Unable to open passdb
[root at samba smbldap-tools]#

can anybody tell me how to go about this.

Asky.

dangerous content by Nijacol Email Protection Service
(support at datasphir.com), and is believed to be clean.