[Samba] Roaming Profiles

fanabe at tin.it fanabe at tin.it
Fri Feb 6 13:43:21 GMT 2004

Hi all,

My name is Giuliano and I'm writing from Italy.
I'm contacting you because I have a problem with "Roaming Profiles" with
Windows 98.

I use SuSE Professinal 8.2
I have upgraded the samba package from 2.2.7a to 2.2.8a.

A)

I have a private lan with these Microsoft clients:

Windows98/Windows NT Workstation 4.0 SP6a/ Windows 2000 Server/Professional
SP3/ Windows XP Pro (without Service Pack).

The roaming profile is running sucessfully with Nt/2000/Xp but it doesn't
run with Win98.

This is my essential smb.conf file:

[global]

security = user
logon domain = yes
logon path = \\%L\profiles\%U
logon home = \\%L\%U
logon drive = H:

[netlogon]
 path = /home/netlogon

[profiles]
 path = /home/profiles

The netlogon running successfully with all clients.

I haven't use win98 with roaming profiles with Nt/2000 never and so I don't
know if is necessary to set the appropriate keys in the Regestry database
with "regedit".

I have tried to set the "logon home" directive to "\\%L\%U\.profiles" and
so:

logon home = \\%L\%U\.profiles

but it doesn't change anything.

Any Idea ? Are new keys necessary?

Can you help me, please ?

Thanking in advance and sorry for my english.

Giuliano.