[Samba] PDC/profile Migration to new Host (Domain)

Daniel Khan datenpunk at php.net
Thu Feb 5 09:48:21 GMT 2004

Hello,

I have to migrate a network with a samba 2.2 PDC to a new host with a
Samba 3.0 PDC.
Samba 3.0 is up and running now.
The only thing that makes me nervous is how to migrate the profiles of
the old PDC to
the new PDC. Unfortunately usernames/machine names will also change.
The profiles are per user (not per machine) and will stay this way.
The clients are win2K pro, winXP pro.

Is it possible to logon to the old domain, join the new domain and have
the current users profile copied to the new PDC?

Or better, what is the best way to do it?

Thanks in advance

--
Daniel Khan