[Samba] Samba 3.0.1a Cannot Browse Server

Norm Dressler ndressler at dinmar.com
Tue Feb 3 18:11:10 GMT 2004

Hi All,

I've migrated my samba 2.2.8/OpenLDAP configuration to a Samba
3.0.1/OpenLDAP configuration.  Things went well in the LDAP conversion
using scripts, etc.  I've set things up using the new LDAP schema and
not the compatibility schema.

I can see the server listed in the machines on my workgroup.  I can even
explicitly map a drive letter to a share on the new samba server.  I
cannot, however, browse the server!  A windows 2000 workstation gives me
the error:  The Server is not configured for Transactions.

The log files have not been helpful for me in determining where the
problem is.  Has anyone else seen this problem?  My smb.conf file looks
like this:

[global]
        log level = 1024
        log file = /usr/local/samba/var/%m.log
        os level = 65
        passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://localhost/
        ldap suffix = dc=dinmar,dc=com
        ldap machine suffix = ou=Computers
        ldap user suffix = ou=People
        ldap admin dn = "cn=root,dc=dinmar,dc=com"
        ldap delete dn = no

        workgroup = DINMAR-OTT01
        netbios name = FPOTT04
        server string = DINMAR FPOTT04 Server