[Samba] FreeBSD / Windows NT Domain basic share access problems.

Michael Clark MClark at Nemschoff.com
Tue Feb 3 17:53:36 GMT 2004

I am having problems with my username on the NT4 domain, miccla, being about
to access the FreeBSD boxen via samba, but other usernames not being able
to.  They are prompted for a username and password.

My FreeBSD password and WinNT passwords are the same.
Im relatively new to samba and would appreciate it if someone could point me
in the correct direction.

[global]
        path = /home
        remote announce = backupserver.nemschoff.com/NTSERVER
system2000.nemschoff.com/NTSERVER
        auto services = global home nagios VPN
        dns proxy = no
        socket options = TCP_NODELAY
        valid users = miccla,dankel,checoe, at wheel
        max log size = 50
        revalidate = yes
        password server =
        writeable = yes
        user = checoe,dankel,miccla
        server string = FreeBSD Samba Shares
        workgroup = NTSERVER
        comment = User Home Directories
        netbios name = monitor
        log file = /var/log/log.%m
        load printers = yes
        netbios aliases = monitor
        os level = 20
        default = global

[home]
        comment = Home Directories
        writeable = yes

[nagios]
        path = /usr/local/nagios/etc
        comment = nagios

Michael Clark
Nemschoff Chairs Inc
mclark at nemschoff dot com
CompTIA A+, MCP
Voice: (920) 457 7726 x294
Fax:  (920) 453 6594

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: This electronic transmission, including all
attachments, is directed in confidence solely to the person(s) to whom it is
addressed, or an authorized recipient, and may not otherwise be distributed,
copied or disclosed. The contents of the transmission may also be subject to
intellectual property rights and all such rights are expressly claimed and
are not waived. If you have received this transmission in error, please
notify the sender immediately by return electronic transmission and then
immediately delete this transmission, including all attachments, without
copying, distributing or disclosing same.