[Samba] instability

Collen collen at hermanjordan.nl
Tue Feb 3 16:03:17 GMT 2004

Hmm some how the MALLOC_CHECK doesn't give anny extra debug info in
the samba log's.. (log level = 2 ??)
so how do i setup smdb with malloc & gdb ?? or are there other way's
to debug these panic actions ??

I installed the rc2 today.. and i tryed to compile it with
--enable-dmalloc for some extra debug info..
but after the make command it give's an compile error..

 lib/adt_tree.c: in funktion sorted_tree_destroy
 lib/adt_tree.c:114: structure has no member named _free_leap

i had another samba crash today... again
after a lot of KERNEL - lease broken error's, samba eat all my
processor & memmory..
stopping it twice sis the trick..
no bogus tread's or so..
the log's showed only that panic action..
Collen Blijenberg (Systeem/Netwerk Beheerder)

Montessori Lyceum
Herman Jordan
Zeist