[Samba] Samba on Red Hat Linux 8.0

Real Power Software realpower at vsnl.net
Tue Feb 3 09:26:10 GMT 2004

I am trying to configure Samba on Red Hat Linux 8.0 which I got from a CD with the Book Red Hat Linux 8.0 Bible. I have created Users on Linux, modified smb.conf accordingly for wins support. But the File sharing is not working. nor am i able to login to the server from Windows 98 client . When I try to login I get the message "No Domain Server able to validate your password, you may not be able to access network resources". I get a reply when I ping the server and also Apache is working fine.

I also have a PHP application using MySql running on the same server which I can run from my Windows 98 client without any other limitations.
If somebody can give me a TIP, what I might have forgotten to configure?? or what I might have to install?? or download and install??

Thanks in advance.
Please Help

Arati