[Samba] winbind and case sensitivity

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Feb 3 09:11:36 GMT 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 16:09, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> lowercase?  If the NT DOM account is "Brian", I want to be able to
> instruct winbind to actually tell pam that the account is "brian".

The problem is, for a plaintext login, the IMAP server is almost
certainly just copying the username internally, so there is almost
nothing we can do about it.

For NTLMSSP based logins (see my patch to cyrus-sasl back in Janurary) I
handle this stuff, because we can return the username.

Andrew Bartlett

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net