[Samba] A samba locking question

Thomas Hannan thannan at pharm-olam.com
Mon Feb 2 20:27:13 GMT 2004

The builds themselves are done in an NFS mount
ls -l :
/usr/local/src/samba-3.0.1 -> /var/archive/globauth/samba-3.0.1
mount :
triton:/var/archive on /var/archive type nfs
(rw,vers=3,wsize=16384,rsize=16384,hard,intr,addr=192.168.1.50)

could it possibly be executing the tests in /tmp, or maybe could this
actually be a bug in the configure test?

I don't know if there are still any bugs in Redhat's build environment,
but just in case, the machine that I'm building Samba on is a RH7.3
system with the latest glibc 2.2.5-34 patch that RH issued, gcc 2.96-110
and a slightly older kernel (2.4.18-3). I don't have a Debian or any
other *nix server here for that matter to test on.

Thanks,
Thomas