[Samba] Changing from samba 2-2.8a to 3.1 with ldap?

Michal Gubik mgubik at wolfhill.cz
Mon Feb 2 14:03:49 GMT 2004

Hi, I am trying to upgrade from old samba to new one, I replaced the
samba.schema for open-ldap, changed the smb.conf file to:
passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap//localhost added ldap amin dn and suffix
options but it still aint working with the old ldap records? Do I have
to dump the old records and update them with some changes to the ldap
with new schema or is samba3 ldap backward compatible? Can anyone
describe the process of migrating from old samba to new one with ldap?