[Samba] Cannot delete files: "the mounted file system does not su pport extended attributes"

Tuan.N.Nguyen at sanmina-sci.com Tuan.N.Nguyen at sanmina-sci.com
Thu Dec 30 22:45:22 GMT 2004

Hi,

I have been running samba 2.0.7 on a K420 hpux server for many years and it
's been working great. However, it 's been the last couple of days, I cannot
delete files in a samba share from the window 2000 clients.  Every time I
tried to delete a file, this error message popped up "Cannot delete files:
The mounted file system does not support extended attributes".  I am not
sure how to fix this.  Please help.

Thank you very much.

Tuan Nguyen