[Samba] LDAP and Samba -- a basic question

John H Terpstra jht at Samba.Org
Thu Dec 30 18:14:27 GMT 2004

On Thursday 30 December 2004 10:57, Paul W. Abrahams wrote:
> I've gathered that there's a close connection between Samba and LDAP, but
> the Samba documentation I've looked at, mainly in the SWAT help and man
> page, doesn't discuss LDAP.   Just what is the nature of the connection?

Paul,

I wrote the "Samba-3 by Example" book using SuSE Linux 9.x and Red Hat 9 and
Fedora Core 1. You can purchase this book from Amazon.Com or download the PDF
from:

http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/Samba-Guide.pdf

Suggest you work through chapter 6 to see the connections. If you get lost get
me a shout.

Cheers,
John T.

--