[Samba] Samba as PDC and Win2K File Srv

OrvUx orvux at ipsgroup1.com
Thu Dec 30 16:26:04 GMT 2004

Hi everybody...

I have a Debian GNU/Linux Box running Samba as PDC on my network, but i
have too a Win2K File Server... all the clients are Win98,2K,XP...

I have created users in both Linux/Samba and W2K with the same username
and passwords, the W98 clients now can join the domain owned by Samba,
but when this client try to access to the W2K Srv a popup window ask for
a Password, it says:

------------------------------
Enter the Network password:

You must supply a password to make this connection:

Resource: \\serverW2K\IPC$
Password: ****
--------------------------------

If i type the password and clic <Enter> a new popup window appear with:

-------------------------------------
Microsoft Networking

The password is incorrect. Try again.

Even if the username and password are the same than the Win2K

Somebody can help me?

How can access to this server shared folders with any client (98,2K,XP)

Thanks.

--
OrvUx
Making the Hard...Soft with GNU/Linux ;)