[Samba] Samba 3.0.10 joining Windows 20003 ADS

jpbermejo at prisacom.com jpbermejo at prisacom.com
Thu Dec 30 13:28:18 GMT 2004

On 30 Dec, Pau Capdevila wrote:

> Authentication does work but it does not permission resolution (we use
> winbind). Neither smbclient -U domain user.
>
> I don't know the solution yet.
>
> We also use Debian but I'm afraid it is not Debian related because
> I've tried to compile Samba and MIT kerberos from source and it keeps
> failing.
>
>> >abrams:/etc/samba# net ads join
>> >[2004/12/28 20:00:31, 0] libads/ldap.c:ads_add_machine_acct(1368)
>> >  ads_add_machine_acct: Host account for ttlnx01 already exists -
>> >modifying old account
>> >Using short domain name -- CORP
>> >[2004/12/28 20:00:34, 0] libads/kerberos.c:get_service_ticket(335)
>> >  get_service_ticket: kerberos_kinit_password
>> >TTLNX01$@CORP.TCC.INET at CORP.TCC.INET failed: Preauthentication failed
>> >Segmentation fault

I don't know if it might also work in your case. After defining an
uppercased netbios name on smb.conf, the segfault warnings stopped.

						Javier Palacios

This e-mail message and any attached files are intended SOLELY for the addressee/s identified herein. It may contain CONFIDENTIAL and/or LEGALLY PRIVILEGED  information and may not necessarily represent the opinion of this company. If you receive this message in ERROR, please immediately notify the sender and DELETE it since you ARE NOT AUTHORIZED  to use, disclose, distribute, print or copy all or part of the contained information. Thank you.