[Samba] Samba share problem

Anandh G anandhglinux at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 29 05:29:39 GMT 2004

I had setup a Samba 3.0 PDC on Fedora 2. I have 2
shares like given below. The 2 shares are working
fine, allowing only the users of the corresponding
group to access the respective shares.
================================
[ab]
        comment = Lotus Group Folder
        path = /home/ab
        valid users = @a
        browseable = yes
        readonly = no
[cd]
        comment = Creative Group Folder
        path = /home/cd
        valid users = @b
        browseable = yes
        readonly = no
================================
If a user belong to group 'a' logs into the windows PC
he can access the folder "ab" but he can also see the
shared "cd" folder. If he tries to access this "cd"
folder he is asked with username and pasword. If he
gives the correct username/password of a broup 'b'
user he is not able to get into the "cd" folder.

How can I make samba to allow users belonging to group
'a' to access "cd" folder when he gives the userame
password of a group 'b' user.

=====
Regards,
AnandhG