[Samba] Samba 3.0.10 joining Windows 20003 ADS

Thomas M. Skeren III tms3 at fskklaw.com
Wed Dec 29 01:38:26 GMT 2004

Andrew Zbikowski wrote:
Since smb.conf is a link..let me try.

I've experienced some strange things as well, the question is, can ADS
users get a share properly?  I had similar probs, but the share works.
What does net ads testjoin show?

Also in smb.conf you have a passdb backend.  DON'T.

Here's what I use, albeit it is a W2K AD:  (I know some settings are
default that way, but I have been adjusting them)

workgroup = (NETBIOS NAME OF AD DOMAIN)
        realm = YOURDOMAIN.COM
        server string = (Info about server)
        netbios name = (NAME YOU WANT TO GIVE YOUR SERVER)
        security = ADS
        client schannel = Auto
        server schannel = Auto
        client signing = Auto
        server signing = Auto
        client use spnego = No
        socket options = TCP_NODELAY
        dns proxy = No
        idmap uid = 10000-20000
        idmap gid = 10000-20000
        winbind separator = _
        winbind enum users = No
        winbind enum groups = No
        winbind use default domain = No
        admin users = (AD Administrator that samba will tell Unix to
treat as root...be carefull here...but it's needed. Multiple users are
comma separated.                                      The user is added
like this {assuming you used the winbindd seprarator I suggested}
DOMAIN_user1, DOMAIN_user2)
        algorithmic rid base = 10000
        dos filetimes = Yes
        dos filemode = Yes