[Samba] "No locking available.Running Samba would be unsafe"

Bill S bspicuzza at dsbsi.com
Tue Dec 28 17:48:16 GMT 2004

Hello again,

    I sent in this error a couple weeks ago and one person (eric) kindly
responded
and tried to help, but to no avail. Any one else have any ideas on the
following:

A couple years ago I installed Samba 2.2.0 on our HP9000 running HPUX 10.20.
I am now trying to install it on a customer's HP9000 (also using 10.20) and
executing
the configure command produces the "No locking available. Running Samba
would be
unsafe" error message.  On our HP9000 I resolved the problem by linking
/usr/bin/cc
and /opt/ansic/bin/cc but that solution is not working on our customer's
computer.
I also tried linking /usr/bin/cc and /usr/ccs/bin/cc but that did not work
either.

- Bill