[Samba] Setting a HP 9300 driver with APW -> Windows protection fault

Cedric Delfosse cedric.delfosse at linbox.com
Tue Dec 28 15:05:17 GMT 2004

Hello,

SAMBA 3.0.10, MS Windows 2000 pro, HP deskjet 9300 printer driver
available at:
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software3/COL4383/dj-14540-2/dj9308en.exe

When I set the driver via APW, and then close the properties dialog, I
get a protection fault from C:\winnt\explorer.exe.

Attached is the corresponding samba log at level 3, and my smb.conf.

The driver installation works fine if I set default devmode = yes in
smb.conf, but I get a protection fault if I try to change a printer
option.

Regards,

--
Cédric Delfosse                             Linbox / Free&ALter Soft
152, rue de Grigy - Technopole Metz              57070 Metz - FRANCE