[Samba] Update: Slow browsing/reading from WinXP SP2

Jim Hood jimdhood at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 28 13:52:00 GMT 2004

I stumbled onto another tidbit that may shed some more light.  From the
new laptop, I tried to create a new folder on the 'samba' share.  It
fails with the following error message:

"Unable to create the folder 'New Folder'.  Access is denied"

It obviously looks like a permissions issue, but what?  I did not have
to make any changes to my other laptop (upgraded from XP standard to
SP2), and it can create directories on the 'samba' share just fine.

Thanks,
Jim