[Samba] samba ldap acl questions

TRAPPE trappe.vincent at laposte.net
Mon Dec 27 11:37:51 GMT 2004

Hello everybody,

        I've have some question and problems to finalize a installation
for 1 PDC and 6 BDC on debian sarge with samba-3.0.9-1, 2.4.27, i've
build custom kernel with acl support and LDAP 2.2.x. I use also xfs fs
with acls support for users share.

        Everything working fine, (authentification, acl, ...), I would
like, first congratulate the samba team for the great job they
made !!!!!

This is my questions :

	I would like to know, use XFS is a good choice with samba+acls ?

        Do i need to use winbind, if i use just samba servers and
windows clients  ?

Maybe it's a bug id don't I've noticed than the min "password length =
3" doesn't change anything on the configuration but doing pdbedit -P
"min password length" -C 3, solve the issue.

Regarding ACLs, when i setup a permission for a user or a group, always
group Everyone, CREATOR OWNER, CREATOR GROUP, appear even no permission
are defined, it's normal way ?

        In Windows XP, when i want set premission on a directory, on
advanced security tab,i can't uncheck the radio button "inherit parent
object....", it's normal ?

Also, i would like to give a name for the home directory automatically
mounted in Windows XP/2000 explorator, or a mapped network drive, For
example "User directory of %u", i don't know how to do it, does anyone
knows how to do it ?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Vincent