[Samba] Re: Groupmap problem

Gémes Géza geza at kzsdabas.sulinet.hu
Mon Dec 27 19:04:28 GMT 2004

Adam Tauno Williams írta:

>>Also, the Machines and Users must be stored in the same OU.
>>

>Beneath a common OU,  storing IN the same OU is not required.
>

>>It appears that
>>you have users stored in one OU and Computers stored in another OU.  I
>>don't believe this is supported right now.  (I believe this is because
>>PAM will only search one OU for a UNIX user instead of multiples.)
>>

>NSS will only search one OU for account type objects; and both machines
>and user are accounts.

You can have the users and the computers stored in different ous, there
are actualy two sollutions to this:
1) specify the basedn as the searchbase for your nss/pam_ldap config,
with a sub type scope. E.g
nss_base_passwd dc=example,dc=com?sub
2) with a recent nss/pam_ldap (I don't remember the exact versions) you
can have multiple lines each specifying a different searchbase:
nss_base_passwd ou=People,dc=example,dc=com?one
nss_base_passwd ou=Hosts,dc=example,dc=com?one

And don't forget to configure your smbldap tools!

Good Luck!

Geza