[Samba] Re: Re: Question about win2000 and samba

Gémes Géza geza at kzsdabas.sulinet.hu
Fri Dec 24 09:26:41 GMT 2004

Marco De Vitis írta:

>Il 24/12/2004, alle ore 10:02, Gémes Géza ha scritto:
>

>>It happens to me to at any W2k machine on the network, and also to other
>>users, so I suspect it is not a network problem.
>>

>Maybe faulty network card/cable on the server or something like that?
>Check the Samba logs for errors; if the problem is in Samba, they should
>show some traces of it.

Changed the NICs and other hardware (even the servers), and of course
the Samba release (a couple of times) since the problem first apeared in
2001 (then we got our first Win2k workstations). I haven't inspected
Samba logs (yet) haunting for such simptoms, but I've did it many times
for other problems. Anyway transfer problems were allways close to the
100Mbps hardware offered maximum. Could it have anything to do with
specifying /PERSIST:NO with every NET USE command?

Cheers

Geza