[Samba] Re: domain administrator is always mapped to root

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Thu Dec 23 21:06:20 GMT 2004

Florian Effenberger wrote:

> Is there any other way of having tango as domain admin than listing it
> as admin user?

You mean to be a domain admin but not a Linux admin?

1) First, per my PDF and other docs that does not have to be a requirement. My configuration allows for Linux, Samba Domain, and Workstation permissions all to be administered individually from each
otehr.

2) Anyone who is a Samba Domain Admin will cause things in the log to equate the user to being the root user. Just how Samba thinks about things.

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems