[Samba] Re: HOWTO for setting up Samba as a PDC

John H Terpstra jht at Samba.Org
Thu Dec 23 20:53:42 GMT 2004

On Thursday 23 December 2004 13:24, Florian Effenberger wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> > Yup, those caused errors for me as well. I never did understand what
> > these commands were meant to acomplish. I found alternate commands to
> > map Linux groups to domain groups and those domain groups to local
> > groups. All documented in that presentation PDF file.
>
> they work just fine. If I change the net groupmap and the Linux users
> group, I can become user, admin or guest, that's perfect. The
> documentation is just wrong, as the rid tag only works when *creating* a
> group, not when modifying it.

Where is the documentation wrong Florian? I want to fix it.

Please just point me to the page. I just found and fixed the incorrect info in
the FastStart chapter. This has been committed to the SVN code tree and will
be fixed on our mirror sites within 48 hours.

The error fixed was an example that specified the rid for a groupmap modify
operation.

Is that the error you refer to?

- John T.
--