[Samba] Login scripts and Win9x clients

Misty Stanley-Jones misty at borkholder.com
Thu Dec 23 20:47:58 GMT 2004

I found the answer to this.  For some reason in Win9x I have to give the full
path to the Kixtart script (my netlogon.bat contains
"\\corpsrv\netlogon\kix32 \\corpsrv\netlogon\logon.kix /f") for Win9x to find
it.

 Now if only I could get Win9x to work with groups.  I found the following on
the Kixtart website but can't quite parse it, so I thought I would paste it
here and see if anyone knows:

Because Windows 9x, does not know how to handle RPC (Remote Procedure Calls),
you have to setup the Account Groups for your users to use Local Groups e.g.
ACCOUNTING_LOCAL (These Local Groups can be a member of the Global Group e.g.
ACCOUNTING) and you will need to reference these in the script.

Do they mean to make a local group on the Win9x box?  I didn't think Win9x had
groups.

Misty