[Samba] samba + citrix + drive mapping

Prakash Velayutham prakash.velayutham at cchmc.org
Thu Dec 23 20:44:02 GMT 2004

Hi,

I am not sure if this question belongs here or on the Citrix forum. But
for whatever it is worth ...
I have a Samba3 server acting as PDC and several linux and windows
clients. Also there is a Citrix server in another NT4 domain that our
clients use to get common services. The issue I am seeing is that when
users login to the windows clients (that have joined the Samba domain),
their home dirs get mounted properly according to the "sambaHomeDrive",
but after being logged in, if they try to use Citrix client to connect
to the citrix server (using their Samba domain login and password),
their home dir does not get mounted.
Due to Citrix's ability even the windows client's drives get mounted on
the citrix server, but the already mounted drives on the windows
clients do not get mounted again on the citrix server. I am thinking if
I remove the "sambaHomeDrive" attribute from the user's LDAP entry, but
instead have the drive mapping done through logon scripts, would it
work both at the windows client and citrix server end?

Thanks,
Prakash