[Samba] HOWTO for setting up Samba as a PDC

Florian Effenberger floeff at arcor.de
Thu Dec 23 19:14:02 GMT 2004

Hi John,

no problem, I was just a little bit confused by all those tools.

What I miss most in the documentation, is a description of what the
tools actually do. What are they for, when do I need them. Why shall I
groupmap a user to Domain User group when it works fine without?

One particular error I recall is in the example when you do net groupmap
to local groups. The correct syntax is

net groupmap modify ntgroup="Domain Admins" unixgroup=smbadmins
net groupmap modify ntgroup="Domain Users" unixgroup=smbusers
net groupmap modify ntgroup="Domain Guests" unixgroup=smbguests

and, AFAIR, you did something with rid=512/3/4 which leads to an error
message.

Bug repord has been filed in September.

Thanks
Florian