[Samba] Re: HOWTO for setting up Samba as a PDC

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Thu Dec 23 16:38:23 GMT 2004

Florian Effenberger wrote:

>> ftp://ftp.lueckdatasystems.com/pub/presentations/klugsamba3pdc-bookreview.pdf
>>
> that one is cool, thanks a lot!

Yea, Adam saved me posting the link to my presentation. I toss it around rather liberally on this list.

Definately run on 3.0.10 these days, and there is a line to add to the print section to get Samba to pickup CUPS changes w/o a Samba restart.

printcap cache time = 180

> It contains errors (Ex: net command has rid setting when using modify)
> and the differnet tools (pdbedit, net, ...) are not described completely.

I can't quite follow which documentation you targeted this comment at... the online HOWTO maybe? At least at the time of my KLUG presentation the hard copy books had just come out and I was of the
understanding that the hard copy contained fixes which the electronic copy had not gotten yet. Lately I've seen various posts to this list for docs to get fixed to which Mr. Terpstra has responded, so
possibly electronic is catching up. John, you around to comment on the paper vs electronic status?

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems