[Samba] changing passowrd of a user by using winbind

Shashi Kanth Boddula sboddula at novell.com
Thu Dec 23 12:57:59 GMT 2004

Hi,

I configured winbind to allow AD (Windows 2003 AD ) users to login to
Linux machines . The authentication is working fine , but i am phacing
one problem with winbind . Normally , after login into the machine, a
user can change his password through passwd command . When i am using
winbind for authentication and if i execute passwd  to change his/her
password, it's not working . I am getting an error user not known to the
underlying authentication module .

Please, give me some help regarding this situation.

Regards,
shashi kanth